Our Aims and Vision
• To provide a varied and stimulating range of experiences which value learning in all areas of the curriculum equally.
• To promote in the children an ownership of, and connection with, their own rural and coastal environment, its history and its creative community.
• To develop the children’s knowledge, practical and thinking skills, and an understanding of how they can be independent learners.
• To help children develop self-awareness and a sense of respect for, and responsibility towards, themselves, others and their environment.
• We aim for an ethos of inclusion so that all members of the school community feel valued. We will challenge all forms of discrimination and ensure no child is discriminated against on the grounds of special needs. We will actively promote multi-cultural awareness and gender equality.
• We greatly value working in partnership with parents for the benefit of the children. We will actively promote links with the local and wider community to enhance and enliven pupils learning, and use outside visits to enrich the curriculum. We aim to provide facilities for the community to the greatest extent possible.
• We aim to create a positive ethos so that pupils develop their self-esteem and aspire to attain more highly. Pupils will be encouraged to respond to challenge, recognise effort and persistence, celebrate their successes, and reflect upon their learning.